Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Have a Googley Christmas

I'm now legally married! And I've turned 24.

A few days ago, I saw that a huge branch of a tree had fallen on a parked car. It was a newish white car, and the green leaves covered much of it.

Updated blogger settings so that there's "word verification" for comments, meaning you have to type in the word in a graphic before you can post the comment, thwarting automated scripts. Haven't logged on to blogger for a long time, because I've been using this small program that lets me post directly from my desktop (it saves the login settings onto disk).

HDB should soon be done with the pre-renovations. They've done the smooth cement flooring for the bedrooms, but in the process muddied the walls a little with cement.

Did a little coding today, expanding and modularizing a chunk of the VBA code for MS Excel. Have explored macros for OOo, but haven't gotten very far. But I have found some pretty good tutorials and code samples to work from. The thing though is that we're getting kinda busy at work, with the more clerical odds and ends that comes with physical files.

Might be doing a little Christmas shopping later. Am planning for a little Christmas tennis on Sunday morning. Just got an email about Aimee Mann's new album, "The Forgotten Arm".

Life is good. But I need to try to read more and write some poetry. Tennis is good, though Saturday tennis has been scrapped, at least temporarily.

By the way, it's amazing the stuff that Google has been coming up with. Some very good initiatives, and mostly browser based. Because when they develop for MS Windows, I can't quite use it on GNU/Linux.

1 comment:

Elia Diodati said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Sorry I wasn't there to witness it.