Wednesday, June 21, 2006

a change will do you good

Anyway, I have moved to our new flat already, and it's coming to about 4 weeks since. It's nice, need to do laundry and vacuum the floor now and then, but it's all good. If you're in the Boon Lay area and want to come see, let me know! The new bus interchange at Boon Lay is now in use.


The GIGABYTE motherboard I got seems to have a non-functional ethernet port. Linux cannot detect it, and I think the giveaway is that the light doesn't come on when the RJ45 cable is plugged in. I brought the computer back and they called and tried to tell me that the light only comes on after the OS and drivers are installed, but that cannot be because the light is supposed to come on even when the computer is in shutdown! It'll probably have to be replaced.


Have one more month to ORD. Then NIE starts immediately. NIE should be great. Will find some tennis enthusiasts and play there. Have about 6 days of leave to clear still. Took leave today to bring my computer in.


Say Yang has been updating his blog. I'm poking at mine to see if it can feel anything.

No comments: