Friday, November 24, 2006

Holidays

It's been about three weeks since I last posted. Happy Thanksgiving!

The busy period was supposed to be over in the end of October, but i guess it actually spilled over quite a bit. Can finally take quite a good breather now, last assignment was due on Monday.

My ambitious goal for the holidays is to do some programming, be it learning to develop code in C++, Java, Perl, etc., or perhaps even contributing to open source projects like Debian or Gnome.

There are some possibilities. One is developing a visual interface for GNU Robots, another might be learning to write dynamic web applications using the Google Web Toolkit. The Google thing seems rather appealing, since in many ways the web is becoming an operating system, with programs written for it. Everyone could use a proficient web designer.

Also thinking of perhaps generating lesson ideas for teaching physics and maths, and putting them up at those websites I've just created. In case anyone is interested, I've also put up rather amateurish videos of stuff burning: matches and cotton wool.

And I could continue reading what I was reading, or perhaps start writing again, for example, writing on this blog. But there will be a lot of writing next month, just a matter of what kind of writing.

I have lots more to write about here, but will conclude this post now. Need to publish. Cannot write and write without publishing. Otherwise I'll keep having to edit the time-sensitive content.

Anyone notice that I'm now using Blogger beta? The look of the site has changed slightly, and the interface I'm using now to write this is quite powerful. I can even upload photos seamlessly. And there are post labels. And I'm logging in to it with my Gmail account.

No comments: