Friday, June 01, 2007

40 Minutes

That's the time it took me to travel the distance from my place to Pioneer JC by bike on Thursday. Moderately brisk pace with minimal load. It's roughly 10.5 km according to the street directory.

This is comparable to the time it takes for me to walk to the Boon Lay bus interchange, wait for and take bus 180, then walk to PJC. The one time I took that bus (which goes along the same route as the one I cycle along), the journey was about 25 minutes. If I don't take a feeder bus, it's still a 10 minute walk to the school from the bus stop.

Will try to cycle to school when I can, once I figure out the necessary (where to park my bike, where to shower, shoes and clothing arrangements). Traffic and timing might be tricky. Should avoid rush hour. Weather needs to cooperate. Cannot be carrying much stuff when cycling.

Exercise is good for you. So is the feeling of overtaking a car.

No comments: