Saturday, August 06, 2005

Bike Theft!

My phone now seems to have the same problem as gz's phone. The vibration doesn't seem to work at all, so I miss calls and messages like anything when I put it to silent mode. Maybe it's just that the phone's now old.


My bicycle got stolen yesterday. Came back at night and it was just not there. Not even a trace of the lock. I think this one CSI also can't help me. The thing to do is probably invest in a monster lock, maybe even one that employs aggressive defence. Just kidding.


So been walking in and out. Played tennis with Sam this morning, it was just the two of us, Yinglan pulled out yesterday, and Sam's friend Ben was reportedly hung-over. But Sam has definitely improved quite a bit, he's going to start "intermediate" lessons soon. He got a girlfriend now, someone at church he has known for some time already.


Going to meet gz and hb for tennis. Andy can't make it this week. Probably joining Aaron and Jasper for gym tomorrow. Ate durians just now, parents bought from Malaysia, damn good. Much cheaper than in Singapore, they pack into styrofoam boxes, and the boxes are bigger than the ones in NTUC, and they really stuff the boxes. Supposed to be 15 Ringgit for one box but my parents got 3 boxes for 28.


Bought a pair of sunglasses just now from a shop in Ang Mo Kio, it'll take about a week to make the lenses. The lens cost $100, but got quite a cheap brandless frame for another $40. They can put a mirror coating to the lens but it would be easily damaged by scratching, and there was some mention of mercury.


Went to the library and borrowed some books. Initially was going to just borrow the same books I borrowed that time but haven't finished, in the end borrowed several books on linux. I hope to have more time to fiddle with my computer. Haven't been fiddling with it much, really. 3 books on linux and 1 is a book I almost finished reading that time, but didn't.


Might write more about work some other time. Basically quite busy. But I guess a lot of that can be attributed to the fact that I'm going to take off next week, and will only go to work on Thursday. W00t!

No comments: