Friday, August 26, 2005

TGIF

The psychologist interview was pretty interesting. Jasper found his really interesting. Just went for the NIQCC presentation, wonder how we did in the end. Will know tomorrow, I believe. Been looking around for hotels for the wedding dinner. It won't be anything grand, just for family mostly. But that's still quite a bunch.


The right pedal of my bike broke several days ago while I was cycling up an incline, and the chain slipped off too. Can't use a pedal from the old bike because the screw diameter is different. Used the headlight when cycling home just now.


Went to this Indian Vegetarian restaurant several days ago, it's nice, in Peninsula Plaza (or Tower, not sure). It's buffet style, and it's part of a charity for culture/arts, so you just go and eat and then you pay what you want to pay. The food is pretty good. I'll post the restaurant name some other day, I've got the name card.


Tennis seems to no longer be in De En's place anymore, and it looks like it'll be shifted to morning. Which conflicts with my other tennis session. So this Saturday just playing once in the morning, and not with Sam. A pity, but maybe there'll be some way to fit both in eventually.


Going to Say Yang's place on Saturday night to reinstall linux. I've had strange problems burning a Debian CD. Errors when I used a CD-R, which ruined the disc. Then I upgraded software and used a CD-RW, and it seemed to work fine. I tried again with a CD-R and it got trashed. Also, on the other computer at home, the CD-RW drive has disappeared in Windows XP. Totally weird, the drive not detected at all. And it used to work perfectly.


The scroll-wheel of my mouse stopped working after I did a system software upgrade. Which was weird. Added two characters to a config file, rebooted and it worked again. Another weird thing is that my Windows FAT32 partition gets mounted automatically when Linux starts up. Not sure when also, whether the OS or the desktop environment is responsible for it. The /etc/fstab hasn't been touched, though, it's still on "noauto".


I've been busy... oh, and I'd better remember to return my library books this Saturday, if not tomorrow. Maybe I should return them tomorrow. Friday, I mean. Which is today.

No comments: