Sunday, September 10, 2006

Fast and Furious

October is the mega-month of assignment due dates. September is a small taste of things to come. Already I am getting behind.

Seems like we should be getting worried about plastic in our food. Styrene mimics estrogen?

Actually read that article on a board outside a canteen in NTU. All the NTU canteens I know use disposable plates, bowls, utensils... The NIE canteen uses proper plates and bowls. Come to think of it, proper, but plastic nonetheless. The hard kind of plastic.

Anyway, that board makes for an interesting read, and is quite cool! There was a criticism that the former dean of students didn't do much, bragged about his achievements but didn't know what was really important to students.

Playing tennis at NUS in a few hours. There's actually a floorball match later, and there were openings for some of the "new" players to join the team, but I didn't get selected =(. But they lent me a stick and a ball, so I can practise at home. I think a critical skill is to control a bouncing ball.

Just installed a pull up bar in the bedroom doorway. No drilling involved, just the pressure of rubber against the door frame. Kinda scary, but so far it doesn't seem to have problems with my weight, so just have to be careful.

On Monday, group presentation: "teaching" the mathematical topic of triangles.

Lost the first match of the NTU Tennis Open 9-1. It's a one "set" format, first to reach 9 games. Didn't mind losing because my opponent was a really nice guy.

No comments: