Wednesday, November 10, 2004

bank robbery

In the news today, someone robbed a bank in Singapore using a plastic gun replica. He was shot twice by a security guard, and I think he's still alive.

For many people in the office, it's the weekend already. Many taking leave on Friday, and since Thursday and Monday are public holidays...

Stupid advertisement on TV. "Extrim", take 2 pills before a meal and pig out without guilt because it blocks calories. That's an extremely unhealthy message to send out, delivered by an extremely thin model-like model. "So now I can eat what I like", as though previously you can't, and shouldn't.

Why does a footballer get disqualified for taking drugs, if those drugs aren't performance enhancing? Like cocaine? I mean, yes, civil/criminal penalties, but what does the sport have to do with it? I guess they want to have good values in sports. It's not hard to see from watching the news that you see tragedy after tragedy, stuff that makes you angry and outraged if you aren't already hardened and immune, then towards the end they give the sporting results to cheer you up and give you something else to think about, to be distracted with.

Jurassic Park III on TV. Didn't know there was a III already. Think I'll probably watch.

I miss my lovey...

No comments: