Tuesday, November 16, 2004

footnotes on ineffect

argh, my computer hanged/hung and my post was lost. Anyway, I was talking about how they sold hummus at Cold Storage, in a small plastic container, one of the brands I eat before in US. Not that nice, not thick enough and not enough of that garbanzo flavor. They also had "fresh" hummus, in a deli-like display, alongside pulped olives and a variety of other dips, as well as whole olives and mushrooms and stuff. The catch was that they were out of hummus.

I bought a blender, so should be blending my own hummus soon. I've been rather ineffective at getting things done, see [1, 2]. Work, work, work... Anyway I installed OpenOffice.org on several of the computers at work. They had it available on the network drive for people like me to install and use.

So my computer hanged just now, so my firefox profile was "locked" and I couldn't use it. The solution is to go to your profile folder and delete the file named "lock" (for Unix). Then can use already. I hope it's not my hardware flaking out, and that after I install the new kernel everything should work like a charm.

------------------
[1] the poem I promised a long, long time ago? Still unwritten.
[2] supposed to rebuild the kernel since X-knows when... still not done, but at least I've begun writing my .config file using "make xconfig". Had to install several packages before the xconfig would work.

No comments: