Monday, February 28, 2005

education

Tharman, the Education Minister is good stuff. Very eloquent, confident, excellent command of English, knows his stuff, demonstrates ability to think and reason, fun, had no problems just speaking off the cuff.

Met Tai Heng after the conference. Learnt from him that Zilong is in OCS, just got back from Brunei. Saw banners in NTU that seemed to say that 't Hooft was coming to give a talk. That's frickin awesome and super amazing.

Just learnt that OpenOffice.org Writer has a built-in bibliography management system (like EndNote integrated with MS Office), which is cool! One good reason to use it instead of MS Word. I suspect there's much more this kind of automation in OpenOffice.org than in MS Office, but that's just an anti-MS assumption.

I think I'll buy a cheap PS/2 wheel mouse one of these days. The mouse I'm using is seriously screwy. I'm going to post two short poems for all my loyal readers:


apology
i'm sorry cockroach, you have to die
i don't like your six legs over my one foot


storm
the sky is pouring its heart out
to deceive us
to hide the world from us,
to disperse light to make us slip
and dance in heady ecstasy,
to catch a cold
to burn in the blinding lightning

No comments: