Sunday, September 19, 2004

banana split sutra

The master was eating a 3 scoop banana split.

The neophyte asked: I wonder how come the 3 default flavors for ice cream are vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. He added that he could understand chocolate, but vanilla's a little iffy, and strawberry hardly at all. Why strawberry? Why pink?

The master looked up and smiled, and continued eating the melting ice cream.

Was out with Jasper today, YMCA rates too expensive for long-term lodging, we ate at Hans, where the water was not cold. Walked to Bugis MRT ultimately; stopped by Bras Basah to look at books first. There's this sports shop there with lots of stuff, and not expensive. In fact, quite cheap lor. But not dirt cheap lah.

Then went to Granny's place for dinner. Evaluated the claims for MRET water [ http://www.elixir-health.com/mret/mret_what.htm ].
Pumped my bicycle tires because they were getting flat. Got a backpack from my aunty who went to Hong Kong, I think. Ate lots and lots and drank a lot of tea too.

Watched Dodgeball with Jasper that day. Friday? Saturday? My brain isn't working too well. Got quite a few things to do with Linux still. Want to rebuild the kernel from source. Tried installing Firefox but didn't work. Something about gtk. Want to write lilo to the MBR instead of booting from floppy all the time.

Managed to mount my windows partition with my files onto my linux filesystem. Just had to edit /etc/fstab to add the vfat partition to mount, with options "defaults,uid=1000,gid=1000" to set the read/write/execute permissions for myself. Also jazzed up my bash prompt a little more with color because it's kinda hard finding the prompt if it looks like regular text.

Probably have to fix APM too, my computer hung possibly because it was too hot, while in linux, so when I did a hard reboot, and restarted linux, it did a fsck and gave some stuff about deleted inodes and zero dtimes. But I gather everything's fine.

Meeting James and Say Yang tomorrow: going blading at East Coast Park. Oh yes, Dodgeball. I forgot to say that's it's friggin' hilarious. Ben Stiller (Zoolander) is awesome at playing the idiot. It's dumb, simple fun, but it's great fun!

Oh yes, Jasper says one of the actresses in Dodgeball looks like Clarissa.

Saw another David Blaine show on TV. Cool stuff. Plucked the head off a live chicken and then put it back.

There was news about my NS re-enlistment. So I was called up a few days ago and asked what I wanted to do. I said physics-related research, over other research like the stuff like budget, I dunno, that kind of thing, policy stuff I guess. I really should backup my files. It's been some time since the last backup.

No comments: