Tuesday, September 28, 2004

failure

I failed to kill a cockroach. Had a good chance tonight, but I missed on the first attempt with a slipper, and it scurried about and went under the stove.

I start work on Wednesday. Simon doesn't know about the transport, so I'll go there myself and find out more when I'm there. It'll be a big bummer if I have to go there myself everyday...

Slept the entire day yesterday; woke up at about 6pm. Just couldn't get myself out of bed, though I did get out of bed and eat something for brunch. I guess I'll stay up all night tonight. Many things to do. Really need to start clearing the floor of my room, because it's been 2 months and I still haven't completed the job.

Wonder if I'll be able to rebuild the linux kernel. Anyway, on Friday, went to Settler's cafe with Jasper, Aaron and his girlfriend. Played this "St. Petersburg" game. We were charged $24, which was their definition of "free". Not really worth getting into. Later, watched "Saved" with Jasper, who thinks "Mary" looks like Clarissa, and thinks the show is the best show he's watched this year. The ex-best was Dodgeball, but that's the funniest movie of all time for him.

Didn't do much on Saturday, to my memory. Worked on linux, mostly. Sunday we went to Raffles Town Club to celebrate my granny's birthday. Went to eat at The Chinese Restaurant (that's the name of the restaurant). Was at the club in the morning as usual, except this time Say Yang didn't come, and my sister also went with her friends, and Aaron's brother was also there. And I saw someone in a Princeton t-shirt.

Performed the magic trick that I showed Jasper for my mom, and also for my littlest cousin and my sister. Not too bad. No one was really amazed though. I need to work on it more.

It's gonna be a long night.

No comments: