Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Last Night of Freedom, though I'll still have Freedom, lucky me

A nice pleasant night. Slightly misty, the moon full and creating its own halo. It was cool and carefree, cycling in from the bus stop, with "Everything I do" playing on Class 95 FM. And after that, "Just Another Sad Love Song", as I stepped into my house. We waited forever for 86 to come, though. We almost wanted to take taxi.

I'm rather tired; went to the library today to return my books and got 4 new books on linux. Got 2 books from the "For Dummies" series, my first such books. One on Linux and one on Debian specifically. There was this book in the library: A 12 step Linux Cure for your Microsoft Addiction.

Met Jasper after that, and we had dinner. We went to many new places today, just anyhow walk, and we got to this KTV building and went toilet, then walked down the stairs, which were those enclosed stairs kind of setup, which provided excellent acoustics for his "Maria" rendition. Then this bank had this advertisement showing a traffic signal for pedestrians, the green man flashing on top and below. Jasper remarked that it's actually quite dangerous, and I agree, because the flashing green men are facing the street, and there isn't actually a pedestrian crossing there.

At Borders, they had lots of cool stuff, board games with Lord of the Rings flavor, rather pretty water bottles, insectoid wind-up creatures with long legs, and this "Book of Answers" where you're supposed to think of a question and concentrate on it and then close your eyes and flip to a page and the answer is there. Jasper thought it was quite accurate. You know how these things work anyway.

Jasper and I were discussing the various methods of execution. In order of preference, I think the list for him is something like
- Limbs being pulled apart by 4 horses
- Hanging
- Guillotine
- Lethal injection
- Bullet(s)
and his all time favorite is the Electric Chair.

Though I think death from Electric Chair takes some time, and might be rather painful. I'm not quite sure where he would put Falling off a Tall Building, but it should be somewhere towards the top of the list. I'm also not sure if the Lethal injection rank is accurate.

By the way, Debian comes from Debra and Ian, so next time can have something called Darann, which is how Jasper pronounces my name anyway. I should go sleep now, and I shall.

No comments: