Monday, June 27, 2005

The End is Near!

Did a little OT tonight. I guess now I've been conditioned to consider it "little". But I'm taking off this Wednesday and Friday. Probably play badminton on Wednesday with James. Sam ORD-ed today. Eugene already started NIE, says instructor is experienced and inspiring. That's wonderful to hear.


I should sleep soon. Tomorrow will be a long day. Probably will only be home close to midnight. Quite tired at work, wasn't very productive. Ate groundnuts at my desk. Groundnuts are peanuts, right? Shredded lots of paper. I can only hope it gets recycled. Showed Yinglan the Throw Vanish.


Tried to write a macro to automate the process of inserting a picture for each NRIC in MS Access, but quite hard to figure out the syntax. Still haven't quite found my way around the OOo syntax either, but I did find a hefty official guide online, guess that would give me a good foundation. It seems they're trying to make it robust and language independent, but for now I don't have any handle on it.


Brought my C++ book to office also, maybe I should learn it again. Well, I want to. But one thing really is that it's quite hard to code when there isn't the benefit of the internet. Takes longer, definitely, because there's a good chance someone else has done a similar thing and put it online.

No comments: