Thursday, June 09, 2005

Today

My lovey's mum is featured on Today newspaper, for setting up Singapore's first non-profit maid agency (though "housekeeper" is a preferred term). It charges the foreign workers about $300, which is 6 to 8 times less than what other agencies charge.


Word on the street seems to be that A*Star is no longer as attractive as it was a few months ago. Read from Molly's blog that Singapore has banned the "Nation.05" party this year, though it was allowed for several years now.


Anyway, that German Open I talked about was actually held before the French Open. So Justine Henin-Hardenne won both of them already.


It's exactly a month more before I fly to the US! Happened to see as I flipped the Today newspaper that I don't have to worry about getting a visa, because it's before October 2005, and I have a machine-readable passport. Singapore needs to issue biometric passports by October this year, I think, in order for the visa waiver to continue.


Giving a briefing tomorrow morning to the rest about the MINDEF PRIDE Day Exhibition. Monday is another briefing on the website thingy, which I haven't really touched for some time now.

No comments: