Friday, June 10, 2005

On The Wire

Figured out the mystery of the packed 163 this morning. Luckily today it wasn't packed to the max, I could still squeeze onto the bus. Two stops after I got on, a whole lot of NCC kids got off, and there were seats for everyone after they de-bussed. Maybe they got some camp or something at Amoy Quee, I think it should be school holidays now, right?


I almost died today, and I'm still not sure why I didn't. Accidentally touched an exposed live wire. The rubber coating of an extension wire had worn off on the side away from me, so I didn't see that the copper was bare! It hurt where my finger contacted the wire, and I was able to withdraw after what seemed like two seconds. I think I almost died, but it wasn't a near-death experience.


Watching LOST on TV, it's a scary series about this plane that crashed on an island, with spooky huge creatures that attack humans. It's really quite scary.


Today was pretty much Eugene's last day at work. Last day in office and at his desk, at least. Soon Sam will also be gone, next week is pretty much his last week. Hopefully the tennis will go on.


The briefing today went well, just need to change a bit of stuff and write up some notes for it. I'm alive, so that's magnificent. Took a nap when I came home today. Perhaps I need another strategy for catching my transport tomorrow, because it's kinda risky depending on the 163 being not totally full...

No comments: