Sunday, June 12, 2005

This is but a Taste of the Terror...

Muscles aching quite pervasively, very tired today. I bought wristbands and a vibration dampener for my tennis racquet, which is supposed to reduce the risk of tennis elbow. I fear that the peak of tennis playing for me has passed, because each week now there seems to less and less. But that could be ascribing a "trend" to a random fluctuation. This is but a taste of the terror...


This Saturday is the exhibition! There will be some prizes for people who play our game and win (though I don't know what the prizes are yet). Details:

18th June 2005
Tampines Mall, Open Plaza, level 4
4.00pm - 9.00pm
Actually it starts at 11.00am, but I will be taking the afternoon/night shift.


There should be at least one tennis session a week when gz gets to book out. Might not get to play at all this week. Eugene's now thinking of playing in the evenings instead of Saturday morning, because the sun's too bright. This is but a taste of the terror...


Karlovic just hit 3 aces in a row, and for the last point to win the game, Roddick couldn't return his second serve. Wonder why he can't serve this way on clay as well as on grass. Maybe he does. But if he does, how can he lose? I think surface probably doesn't matter that much for a service game. Second set, second tie break. I think this isn't actually Wimbledon, but it's at Wimbledon? Not sure lah.


Played tennis at the SAFRA Toa Payoh, it's quite a quiet court, it's right next to the Expressway (I think it's the PIE). A couple of balls flew out and seem to have been lost to the road. Went for lunch with Jasper and Aaron, then we walked around Junction 8. There's this sports shop that sells tents, quite cool, a 2-person pop-up tent folds into a circle not that big and not that small but not that heavy either. If I hold it standing with my arm straightened to the ground, it would almost touch the ground.


Sam says he has a friend who goes rock climbing, so might be able to hook me up with that. Aaron suggests going kayaking Saturday morning, but he's on call on Friday and only finishes at noon on Saturday, and ought to be sleep-deprived at that point.


Went to Seletar today and yesterday also, yesterday afternoon the swimming pool was filled with kids learning to swim. I went with Jasper for dinner at Ang Mo Kio, and went shopping in town. Then met Aaron again for supper at Jalan Kayu, the curry that comes with the prata is good stuff, and they're not stingy, they gave a big bowl (other places usually give a plate, as a result of which I also go back for a refill).


So got home pretty late, and fell asleep on the couch watching this expose on how pro-wrestlers improvise and coordinate their crazy stunts in the ring. Stuff like backbreaker and suplex and the most dangerous of all, the pile driver. Even though it's "fake", they can get seriously injured if they make just a slight mistake. They fall from so high, and if they don't tuck in their head enough or don't fall at the right angle, they're totally screwed.


Regained consciousness for a while and went up to my room to sleep. But I think I still left the light on. Anyway, went to the club again in the morning, went to the gym, to swim, and play Virtua Cop. Say Yang couldn't join us, because he was meeting some other friends. Then went for lunch in town, then went to Cafe Revive, where Jasper likes the cashier/waitress. She wasn't around, but someone "even better" was there. This is but a taste of the terror...


There was an episode on CSI on Star World just now, so that was good. Monday again, back to work... my boss says she has projects in mind for me, which sounds exciting. I think my work is inversely correlated with everyone else's: when they are busy, I'm not, and when they're not, then they have the luxury of thinking up things they want and I can try to realize those things.


One of these days I want to try to make some cornflake confectionery, make from cornflakes/cereal, plus honey, and hopefully, plus melted chocolate. I think it would be great, but I imagine it might be quite messy.


I cut my fingernails and put on an overgrip for my tennis racquet. I felt that the grip was kinda slippery, hence the wristband too. What I need to practise is eye-on-the-ball, take a full backswing, and whip the racquet with greater speed.


My lovey is about to graduate! Her parents are with her now. But I'm not... =(

No comments: