Friday, May 27, 2005

Blog Conscious

Managed to use the BreadTalk card Aaron got that day, which is buy 3 get 1 free. It is valid only at some outlets, and is valid until the end of June 2005.


The 4 of us guys from our branch played some putt-putt golf at Royal Sporting House in Suntec. Eugene is a natural, sinking putts from pretty far off though he's never played before. There's this black and red putter that looks like a Sith putter.


On Saturday, tennis courts booked at 7am (for 2 hours) and at 7pm (for 1 hour). Will need to sleep early tomorrow then. I had better sleep early tonight as well, was really tired today. Sam bought a replacement grip for his racquet at Royal Sporting House.


After dinner (to celebrate ORD and the WITs), we were wondering what to do, it was still somewhat early. Eugene suggested pool, but we were rather too full to bend over. Karaoke would have made it way too late. Air Hockey is also rather too violent after a buffet.


Then Eugene suggested carrom, as we were inching closer to the MRT station. Yinglan has a board at home he doesn't use, so theoretically it would be great if can bring to office and play in the conference room. Foosball would also have been great, except that I think the only place you can play that is probably at some club.


Carrie is the new American Idol. My parents don't believe me when I tell them that voting for American Idol is free, unlike voting for Singapore Idol. Free in the sense of free beer this time, not free speech.


This is the first time I've checked, and came across it because I googled "physicalpoet", since I've been passed this "Musical Baton". My blogshare. Its price seems to risen, when gambitch bought some of the stock. I don't know how this works, but looks like got a bit of money.


On to the musical baton(s). I first found out I had one from Juggleress, who gave me 3, actually. I suspect I'll have similar troubles giving away batons, I guess I'll have to check if the person has already passed it on. I'm not inclined to check if the person has already received one and not yet responded. And I got another from Elio Diodati (which came first, actually, since Juggleress got hers from there too), whose blog has some Latin name. Speaking of which, profugus is also Latin.




Total volume of music files on my computer:
1. Naturally in the natural units of 878.8 MB, which doesn't really say much. It would be better if I said 900 MB, since "volume" is dependent on quality, compression algorithm, etc. Anyway, it's close to 200 songs.


Last CD I bought:
The Bends by Radiohead.


Song playing right now:
I don't listen to the songs on my computer nowadays. Firstly, my computer is in the living room, and usually the TV is on. Secondly, practically all of them were illegally downloaded several years ago. Thirdly, they are on a FAT32 partition, which I do not mount automatically on boot.


5 songs that I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

  1. Tori Amos, Gold Dust
  2. Tina Arena, Burn
  3. Train, Drops of Jupiter
  4. Goo Goo Dolls, Black Balloon
  5. Aimee Mann, It's Not


5 people to whom I am passing the baton on to:
You, reading this blog, who has a blog. I count 5 of you. Actually I don't think anyone will be bothered to do this. But let me know if you bother.

No comments: