Thursday, May 12, 2005

What a Year

This year is the centennial of Einstein's Miracle Year, when he published several seminal papers on quantum theory, special relativity... each of which would easily have won him the Nobel Prize.

Got an SMS from the transport uncle, he says from tomorrow the pick-up timing will be 10 minutes earlier. That would involve getting up earlier...

The magnetic game is addictive, but strangely only for me. Eugene didn't even give it a go. Staying over at the department chalet tomorrow night, so must remember to bring stuff like toothbrush and my medications (otherwise I go insane). We might play tennis tomorrow before dinner, but might not be able to leave work that early...

Work has suddenly hotted up because of the MINDEF PRIDE Day, need to prepare an "interactive" exhibit as well as two A1-size static displays (it would be nice if we could get extra copies of the posters for ourselves!). And the deadlines are too soon... but I'm doing all this for you guys! Can visit the exhibits at Tampines Mall, 4th floor, on 18th June, Saturday from 11am to 9pm (though I'm assigned to do the second shift, from about 4pm to the end).

The chalet should be fun, hope can go kayaking. My parents are going to go Malaysia soon with my sister for holiday, I can't go because not enough leave. Off is not leave, cannot go out of country. Party at my house, anyone? Haha...

For some reason (probably M$) the computer at work is screwy. Excel has been acting up. I found a horrible bug in Excel, when I do Alt-F4 to close it, it doesn't prompt me to save changes to hidden workbooks, and doesn't save the changes. So this morning I went to work and much of the coding I did yesterday was gone! I couldn't figure out how that happened until it happened again during the day! Sheesh. Be careful. And Excel also has this tendency to crash when I'm trying to work with a formula.

I'm quite excited about the chalet because of all the fun stuff that can be done there. But I don't think I'm so much like a little kid that I can't fall asleep because of the anticipation. Good night!

No comments: