Sunday, May 15, 2005

Virtual Tennis

Met Peter at the PSC psychometric test on Friday, he tells me that ORA has 3 hockey teams, one each in Division 1, 2, and 3. I'm thinking of joining him in the Div 3 team, but will probably wait until I'm in fitter condition, since I asked him what the standard was like, and he said "You can get Silver for IPPT, right?"


The chalet was pretty fun, had quite a bit of work on Friday so left late, and Ben got slightly lost on the way there, so got there kinda late. The tennis courts were all booked up, so kicked around a soccer ball, which was a great workout.


Daniel was there, he tells me he reads this blog, so hi! Hello also to everyone else. My granny is in my house now, they brought her here and there's a barbeque at my place tonight.


We had dinner at the chalet, where we drew lots to see who had to go back to office on Saturday. Out of the 4 of us, 2 had to go back, so it was 50-50, but then it turns out Sam was excluded because his name was not put in for clearance. That Sam and Eugene are going to ORD is a reason both for them to not go back and to go back, so Sam thought drawing lots was best.


Anyway, so it was 2 out of 3, so got out 3 mahjong tiles, 2 of which matched. Yinglan got his girlfriend to pick for him, then I picked, and I was the odd one out! But I owed Yinglan one, and he was doing something with his girlfriend on Saturday, so now he owes me one.


I did a magic trick for Eugene, and soon I was doing it for the boss of my boss, and more and more people came and I was asked to do the trick over and over again. It's easy to notice what happens, especially the "surprise" part that's part of the trick. I think I need to learn more tricks.


ORD plaques were presented, birthday celebration, we played cards, it's probably to the dealer's advantage to open the first card in blackjack. I'm quite lucky, won both games of "tai di" that I played.


Around midnight, we went bowling, I had a turkey (also known as a "sexually explicit") in frames 2 to 4, had a good score of about 170. Had time for only one game before they closed at 1:30. There was a group of kids that were screaming excitedly as they played.


On X-box, played an army game, your character can stand up, crouch, or prone. Then if move when prone, do leopard crawl. That's fun for a while because it's effortless, unlike in real life. Leopard crawl all the way. It's slow but not tiring. Then played a car-racing game, smashed up the car very quickly, the rear window broken for ventilation.


Got to play tennis! On X-box, but still. Quite fun, nonetheless. Went down, they were still playing mahjong, I played one game, then brushed teeth and went to sleep. Woke up and went to work... and had to lug all my gear (tennis racquets and soccer ball) up the hill...


The highlight of that was playing tennis with Eugene. No one was in office except Susan, we played in the corridor. We were finally done close to 3pm, I think...


Was so tired when I got home, slept, today went gym and swim, with Aaron and Jasper. Aaron was on call in the afternoon, we went with him to KK then walked to United Square in Novena. Maybe we can go kayaking one of these weekends, or play tennis. Aaron has lots of tickets for Star Wars, so the bunch of us might go watch together.


The blisters on my toes have mostly hardened, but there's a huge one on my right little toe. Note to myself that my transport is arriving 10 minutes earlier henchforth. Another note is that bus 852 actually goes from Yio Chu Kang to Bukit Batok, and might be a quicker way than MRT, if I'm at the MRT.

No comments: