Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Shopping

Walked past the Istana today, and it was actually open to public, so I asked "is it open house?" then the guy was a little upset and said no lah it's the past president's body on display or something like that, so I said I meant is it open to public and he said yes, so I walked past him, then immediately got two policemen (one woman actually) who said I need to wear pants (I was wearing shorts, in case anyone gets the wrong idea). Oh well. I think I've never been in there before.

Went shopping with Jasper, I bought an old Radiohead CD (The Bends), a backpack (orange color), duct tape, little notepads, a hole puncher, and a Sigg water bottle. Jasper also bought a Sigg water bottle. You know, those aluminum Say Yang got one so I also want one kind.

Went to the toilet in the basement of Far East Plaza, and got scolded by the toilet lady. I walked up the stairs into the toilet and when I walked out she called out to me (actually I heard "hello hello" as I was walking in, but didn't hear "xiao di" or something so didn't know it was intended for me), then I realized she was speaking to me, so then I turned around and saw the sign that it was 10 cents per entry and so I gave her 10 cents but she scolded me in dialect and I have the impression she said something like how this is her only source of income.

It's back to work again...

No comments: