Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Work and Work

Friends is so funny and touching. Monica and Chandler are now engaged, Chandler was trying to surprise Monica by saying that he would never get married, then she surprised him in the end because Joey told Chandler that Monica had run off to her parents' place to think.

I'm not going to make it for the Golden Point Award submission... the closing deadline is Monday! IPPT is now this Friday, not Thursday. Which means I have one more day, but had planned to do a lot of strenuous activity on Thursday.

Haven't heard anything from TTSH about my medical bills. Maybe they've settled it with the SAF?

Work is slowing down somewhat, though I guess there's always work for me to do if I want to. Can write the documentation for the website and put the final touches on it. Can continue exploring writing code for Access Database operations.

The posters for the MINDEF PRIDE Day are mostly done, and look quite good. But I think they want to retake the photographs of "Ranking in Action". Managed to get Sam and Yinglan to install OpenOffice.org on their computers at work, though that was largely just a matter of making them aware of the network drive that stored the setup program. The one-click conversion to PDF offered by OpenOffice.org is definitely something MS Office lacks.

I still have about 5 days of off to clear, I should probably take some time to work on personal interests instead of going to work. Have to wake up earlier every day because the transport comes earlier... Actually after yesterday I thought maybe no need, because it came at the same time, just that the bus was full. Which means about 10 minutes early for the people being picked up first, but about the same time for me. But today it came about 5 minutes earlier...

The implementation of charts in MS Excel is quite nice, today did some "pie charts" to represent the seating arrangement around some tables. A lot of elements are cluttered in the chart, but click patiently in different places with proper tempo and you can select a single slice, explode the pie, enlarge or shrink or move the pie, etc.

No comments: