Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Don't be Jealous

What my lovey wrote on the tagboard, earliest on top:

u would think that MOE would have been smart enough to have figured out that the acronym TAF, spelt backwards, is FAT


and that kids in the program are probably going to be called fat, fatso, or other variants of FAT.


they probably knew that but didn't care.


it bugs me that pp in singapore are so judgemental of pp who are bigger in size


that includes my parents, my friends, the old, the young, scholars, non-scholars etc.


making derogatory comments about someone's weight is seen as okay. and pp are so unaware of the detrimental effects that such comments have on a person's body and self-esteem.

I bet the acronym TAF was chosen precisely because it's FAT spelt backwards, which is "clever" or "witty" or whatever. And probably argued that the programme "reverses" FAT-ness, but it's a seriously bad idea.


There was a study done in the US, I think, not too long ago, where people went to shopping centers in "fat suits", and the "fat" version of the people were treated more badly by salespersons. But if the "fat" people expressed a desire to lose weight, they were treated the same as when they were not wearing the fat suit.


On a lighter note, life is good, went for tea break today, been stopping by Alvin's corner quite a bit and watching him use Adobe Photoshop. Playing squash tomorrow. Meeting CO at 0630 at Ang Mo Kio MRT to go take IPPT.


It's so sad that there's a polio outbreak again. Change the world. Men who change diapers change the world. Sleep deprivation is roughly equal to intoxication from alcohol. It's dangerous to drive when you're sleepy, especially at night. You get high and lose inhibitions.


I found out that bus 70 goes very close to Kallang Tennis Center, which is great! That means I can take bus straight from my house to Kallang on Saturday. It goes by Serangoon and Paya Lebar before going to Kallang.


You won't believe this, but we were getting the magnetic strips from ancient times, those days when ranking was done on a whiteboard, with names on magnets shifted up and down. And guess whose name I saw? Aaron's dad!


I'm not sure why, but lately the transport timing sending me home is perfect. The 163 comes soon after to take me home, capping a wonderfully relaxing day. It's not long before I fly to LA! My leave application has been approved.

No comments: