Friday, May 06, 2005

Weekend Issue

Played tennis with Eugene just now. Had booked the court from 6 to 7pm, but my transport left late, and I ended up getting there only at about 6:20pm, and had to change up. It had just rained heavily, so the courts were wet, but the court we played on was actually an artificial turf surface, so it soaked up the water. Eugene is a fast learner. I told him about $10 racquets.

Going running tomorrow morning, quite early, 8:30am at the SPE track. Hope my 2.4 timing is better! Will have to push myself harder... then in evening, tennis again.

Not sure how the WITs presentation was today, it went smoothly, at any rate. The boss of my boss seems quite optimistice about it. I think that was my first time seeing COA (MG Kuek).

Aaron says no gym on Sunday because he is on call on Saturday night, and will only be free on Sunday afternoon. He was telling me about an experience he had in the abortion ward, this woman didn't go for regular checkups and came in because her water bag burst and was having contractions, then when the baby came out (about a month premature) it was full of problems. Eyes fused together (cyclops), some other weird abnormality. Basically they left the baby there and it died about 3 hours later.

If the baby had a better chance of survival it would probably have been put in the ICU. Also, there's the question of what good it would do to know in advance that something like this was going to happen, ie. if the mum had gone for regular checkups. Given that there's nothing medical science can really do for the foetus, the only thing would be mental preparation and/or abortion.

Had a chat with Janet today, nothing much to do in the afternoon, I was dozing off in front of the PC. She was talking about how filial her husband is to his mum, and about her son (Mothers' Day is coming, you know). Well, I think I've never gotten anything for my mum for Mothers' Day, or her birthday. It just becomes too much of an obligation once you start =)

OPC chalet next weekend, hope to go kayaking. If no one else wants, tennis would be good too. Spent the day today fiddling with some computer hardware, and fooled around a bit with writing VBA macros.

Just a note to myself, the Northpoint foodcourt is due to open in mid-May this year. Time to sleep now!

No comments: