Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Big Payoh

My granny has shrunk, but she looks the same. I was at Toa Payoh today, and it was twingey walking past the Delifrance where I randomly ran into my granny some months back, who was with her friend.

Anyway, was walking to the bus stop to go home, then saw there was a cinema, and thought why not. There weren't many shows there, though, at that Eng Wah in Toa Payoh. Watched "Be Cool", which was quite funny.

Granny is getting better, and can now walk with assistance, it seems. The physical therapist goes over now and then.

Desperate Housewives is hilarious, there's always so much going on. The interesting psychological stuff goes on mainly in the Van De Kamp household. There's a great line where Bree says to Rex "Please do not mistake my anal retentiveness for affection" (when she fixes him dinner).

There are racial/ethnic quotas for HDB flats, so if I'm Chinese I need to get a "Chinese Eligible" one. Anyone has any ideas what happens if a Chinese+Indian couple wants to get a flat? I think probably they'll say can choose either, which makes sense.

Back to work! Basketball tonight. Star Wars Episode III is coming out soon! Everybody Loves Raymond is hilarious!!!

No comments: