Sunday, April 17, 2005

carkeys

James gives a shout-out to all his homeys, he's in Bristol and his parents are visiting him! That's nice.


So now I have tennis carkeys, only thing is that the weekend is so short. Saturday evenings would be the ideal time to play tennis so can go gym+swim on Sunday, see how. Tennis is definitely more fun than running, good thing we went to Seletar Club to play because the NUS courts were all taken up (rather than staying in NUS and running...)


The aluminum racket is quite ok, nothing to complain about. Maybe can get the badminton-after-work thing going with Eugene again. Street Soccer! Chapteh! Yay.


Got work waiting for me (and Yinglan) tomorrow. I've got hardware to play with also, can set up an inkjet printer for myself and also see if this huge external CD-ROM drive is bootable. It must be reasonably old: it's pretty big and heavy.


Ate sushi for lunch and dinner. Went to Sakae for lunch, and what do you know, when my parents bought back dinner it was from Sakae Sushi also.


Aaron says that paintball is fun (though pretty expensive at about $60 a pop, per person). Met Jasper and him at the gym in Seletar since we ended up going there too to play tennis. I think it's a good idea that Orchid Country Club organizes the paintball sessions as team vs. team competing to fulfill a symmetric, mutually exclusive objective.


Actually, taking a shower without a towel is not really a problem, I learned. Fresh clothes don't get that wet.


I've been working in MINDEF for more than 6 months now. It's great that it's given me oppurtunities to do programming. One of these days I should probably talk to Yinglan and see how to rationalize his databases. I fear that he is letting too much disorder creep in, with his proclivity for calling files "new", "newer", "newest", and etc. if that's possible.


The office is the best place to listen to music, mostly because it's pretty quiet (no TV) and I'm sitting in front of the computer the whole day so can listen to a CD over and over again to grep it. Most of my time nowadays is spent in office anyway.


I've got a fluid filled blister on my left little toe. I might buy Damien Rice's CD one of these days. I hear it's quite good. I shall work on my poem(s) now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am wiser on this subject now that I've read your blog on color laser printer I was impressed with the information presented. I have seen another blog with related information color laser printer