Monday, April 11, 2005

Firefox Extensions

It's taken me a long time to get down to this, but I finally installed some extensions for Firefox.


miniT allows you to "re-order" your tabs by dragging and dropping them as you please.


Linkification turns text like http://google.com into a link you can click and go to.


FlashGot is cool, has feature for you to write and use javascript functions, but basically it allows you to use a 3rd party download tool.


TargetAlert is also cool, it provides visual cues to what lurks behind a link. Adds a tiny graphic if the link is to a PDF file, or if it'll open in a new window, for example. It works in conjunction with Linkification!


But probably the most useful ones are: undoclosetab (enables re-opening of a tab you "accidentally" closed) and Clone Window (literally clones the current tab in a new window or new tab).


To install these extensions, click on their names, and do what you need to allow the sites to install software, now that they have been officially sanctioned by me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from North Cack-A-Lacky! I enjoyed your thoughts, although I give Firefox even a little more credit than you do, I think ;) See what I mean here: firefox pop up blocker