Wednesday, April 13, 2005

On Repeat

Missed the first half of CSI last night. Pity. Played basketball until about 8pm, would have gone on except for the threatening lightning. We went for dinner after that.

Watched The Practice after that, and seriously, that show is getting really weird. It's like I'll watch and go "wtf?" every 10 minutes or so.

And by now everyone in Singapore has probably noticed the 2-d cows planted in the grass along expressways and what not. They were put there by Moove Media, which is the advertising arm of Comfort-Delgro (taxi+SBS company). I think probably by this time several of the cows have been stolen. I know I would like to grab one.

As it draws achingly closer to the day I'm reunited with my lovey, I miss her more and more. And I won't even be seeing her until after 4 NSFs from my department ORD. Both Eugene and Sam will be gone tomorrow (Thursday), Friday, Monday, and Tuesday. Sam will be away on Wednesday too.

It seems they want to have a 4 week stint in school for wannabe teachers before they go NIE, to let them see if they really want to go through NIE and then teach. I think that's a great idea.

I'm still working on the website, I guess I was exaggerating when I said I could probably be done in a week. But I'm almost there, should be done in another week latest.

I've migrated most of my CD collection to office. Tori Amos' Tales of a Librarian compilation CD is really good. gz still has my Avril Lavigne and The Beekeeper CDs, hint hint.

At work I basically have the CDs playing on repeat, and what has really amazed me is that I can listen to Aimee Mann's Lost In Space album over and over again. I think I played it the whole day for like 3 days continuously, and would have gone on for several more except that I think Janet (who sits behind me) was getting bored with it. She asked me whether what I was listening to was radio or what.

My table downstairs is a mess. My room is a mess. The administrivia of my life is in a horrible mess, I just don't want to deal with it. Life is short and I don't want to spend time cavilling about bills, finances, medical appointments, and the like. Sigh.

No comments: