Saturday, April 30, 2005

Miracle

Was a little depressed yesterday. Basketball was cancelled (euphemistically, "postponed") because it was raining, and had to do OT anyway... then this week also Monday's badminton was off because Eugene was sick. And tennis seems quite unlikely.

Going to run tomorrow morning, though, so should go sleep early. And we're going to do a time trial for 2.4km. Anyway, met Andy and B00n T4t after work yesterday, took a lilft down a hill from their boss and took a cab with them to Bukit Batok MRT.

The food court at Bukit Batok MRT the shopping center there (whatever it's called) has a great vegetarian stall, really yummy. I ate there and walked around a bit by myself, then went to the basement and had a vegetarian dumpling, which was wonderfully peppery. It's great. I felt better after that.

Took MRT home and read American Scientist on the way back, there's an article on Feynman diagrams. Reminded me of doing physics at Princeton, learnt a little about Feynman diagrams in a graduate QFT course there. Theorists are so damn brilliant.

Yinglan said yesterday that my black plastic spectacles make me look like a stern teacher, until I speak, that is. Last night I came home and crashed, and luckily for me the 163 came on time so I caught my transport.

Just cut my hair. Need to sleep soon. We'll be presenting at the MINDEF PRIDE Day this year, but don't know what it's going to be like. Last year was at Suntec, I think, and this year there are 3 venues: SAFTI MI, Singapore Polytechnic, and Tampines Mall. Around mid-June.

gz just informed me that maybe Monday can book the courts. Yay! And might be able to get some tennis thing going with Eugene and possibly Sam too.

The Straits Times has something about the government planning to spend about 2.2 billion on IT products and services. Probably a lot of that is going to go into proprietary software, sigh...

Did I mention I left office on time today? Left Eugene and Yinglan there... but managed to catch my transport home. Ah... and I will be going back to work only on Wednesday!

The fat clunky Pentium laptops in office, from a past era still work! They run Windows for Workgroups 3.11, and another one runs Windows 95! It's amazing that they still work, after all these years. The LCD screen is still good, though tiny by today's standards.

But the really ancient technology used to be sticking magnetic strips on a whiteboard and moving the strips about in order to do ranking.

It's the end of April and I haven't written another poem... unless a miracle happens I'm unlikely to go through with that competition thing... but the good news is that it's inching ever closer to the day I see my lovey again!

Had the chance to work on the website again at work. There's still stuff to do actually. But at least doing that thing I basically just do my thing and my bosses won't keep asking me to do this and do that...

No comments: