Wednesday, March 02, 2005

pests

There was a green grasshopper in my room last night. More disturbingly, there was a cockroach in my room, which I tried to trap, but failed. Went to sleep anyway, but was a bit squeamish. Flying insects make me scram.


Trying to navigate through the language of javascript. More confusing is probably the issue of what a "date" is, since I'm thinking of using javascript to generate an interactive calendar.


Going to run after work tomorrow. Fell into a deep sleep when I came home today. So damn tired. My parents are concerned that I'll over-exert myself tomorrow.


Heard from my mum that my sister is going to have her birthday celebrations over a span of like 3 or 4 days, because she's so popular. (and has a set of sets of mutually uninteractive friends)


My granny is going to be discharged this weekend. The hospital doesn't think the therapy they're doing is really getting anywhere. The maid is here, so she'll be taken care by the maid mostly. The tube will still be in her nose, which is the most annoying bit, since she hasn't really been awake enough to learn how to swallow. That might be the biggest problem because she has a tendency to pull it out. A suggestion is to "take away" her opposable thumbs by putting like an adult-sized baby mitt on her hands.


Seems like American Idol voting is toll-free, unlike Singapore Idol. I guess Singapore Idol has to pay royalties? I don't know if there are advantages to having votes tied to money. On the one hand, it adds as a deterrent to indiscriminate voting, but then the rich have a larger say (as they always do).


Minimum wage increases unemployment, PM Lee says, and I think this is true. Also talking about how we shouldn't keep small businesses on life support if they are not totally viable.


I think I shall stop posting for now. This gnome-blog thing is making blogging all too easy...

No comments: