Friday, March 18, 2005

random, as always, perhaps more so this time

The week's finally over. Managed to catch my transport home only once this week, but there was another day I was able to leave more or less on time, but just missed it.


Eugene managed to book the badminton courts so we'll be playing this Wednesday after work. Great! And the office people want to have a movie outing on April Fools'. Miss Congeniality 2, I believe.


Alfian Sa'at is such a great poet. I want to be as good as him. Seems Tharman was once investigated by the ISA. Cool.


It's March now, and soon to be July... when we will be reunited, for good this time. Won't count the days yet, but will count the months!


The Cable Guy was showing on TV, and my mum was saying how she don't like Jim Carrie, but he's quite a thespian. Though I agree way over the top, but still, it's impressive, outlandish acting!


I definitely have some paternalistic instincts, like wanting people not to gamble, wanting people not to waste money, wanting the rich not to throw their money at houses and cars and boats and diamonds and ridiculous stuff, but to donate to the poor, to improve society. Oh well.


Made more progress with the website, might say I'm 1/4 done. I'm giving myself a lot of wiggle room in case I forgot something, because it might be more accurate to say that I'm 1/2 done.


Was way too hasty in telling my boss that can't have it in Excel where you type a number and they automatically append a string like "apples" to it. Meaning you type "2" and it shows "2 apples". Good thing she didn't just say, oh, ok, and countered that you can format the cell such that you type "1" and it appears as "$1". Same concept. So yah, can be done, in the same way.


In a version of the ultimatum game, I pass you $100 and you're supposed to make an offer of some of that money to another person. If the other person accepts your offer, you split the money according to the offer. If other person rejects, I take back the $100 and both get nothing.


How much would you offer? I have tons of Gmail invites to give out, incidentally, if anyone is still interested.


Speaking of weird screensavers, one of the randomly selected screensavers that came on last night was of a cow going up and down. It was probably supposed to be bouncing on a trampoline of sorts that's below the screen.

No comments: