Friday, March 11, 2005

toss

Spent 3 hours tossing in bed last night, I probably slept too much during the day. Was startled thrice by this insect: the first was a brush against my left foot, I leapt out of bed and threw on the light and saw nothing. Next, insect sounds near my head, again the light revealed naught. Third time was the charm, again I heard it near my head, switched on the light, saw it crawling along the side of my bed, it moved round my room a little, I got an envelope from the floor and got it to jump inside, then I closed it, used a stapler for good measure to seal it up. It was brown and looked like a grasshopper, which made me think that maybe that green carcass I found on my table that day was just its molted skin.


Still somewhat sick, but made it through the day. Unfortunately, the birthday present I seem to have given Eugene is the beginnings of a sore throat. Looked through the Excel macro code I wrote, and a simulated printing shocked me by telling me that it would take 104 pages. Somehow I suspect there's something seriously wrong with that figure.


By the way, you might not know this, but it would be helpful to know this, that Excel does not sort hidden rows. Meaning if say row 5 was hidden, all other rows would be sorted normally, but row 5 would stay in row 5 and stay hidden.


The JavaScript calendar looks good, fixed a bug when Eugene did some alpha testing for me. I think at this stage I would estimate that I am about a fifth done with this web project. Got my work cut out for me if I aim to finish by the end of the month.


By the way, I haven't had to do this for a long time, not since Secondary School probably, but I've got "tickets" to sell. SANA (Singapore Anti-Narcotics Association) is having an "all-cash" donation draw, with 1st prize of $50,000 up till 21st-50th prizes of $200 each. Each ticket costs $2, and comes with a "$1 off Le Classique Meals" Delifrance voucher. Want to buy? I'm not set up for online transactions, though.


I wonder if the plan for restructuring the office is going to unfold. I could use a little moving about of my computers.

No comments: