Sunday, March 06, 2005

spree

Bought an optical mouse (going to try it later, after reboot--now using my Toshiba laptop's "AccuPoint", which actually works quite well: even scrolling works--the PS/2 external mouse I was previously using was buggy, as I might have mentioned before: the scroll wheel was broken, but even worse, the pointer would randomly fly all over the screen and click stuff...), and bought a whole bunch of CD's too.


Felt somewhat lost and deeply troubled after that, after the stores all started to close around 10pm and I was outside Bugis Junction munching on tomato rolls from BreadTalk. I guess today was the first time I've really cried regarding the chain of events that began with my granny falling down the day before my birthday.


The ambulance came to the hospital in the late morning and brought us all to her house. Today was probably the first time I've been to her house since her stroke. Saw all the tiny bottles of perfume/cologne she's collected and displays in a tall glass cupboard in her living room.


Needless to say, it has been really hard for my aunty who stays with her. There was no one waving from the corridor when my parents drove me off. So feeling somewhat sad, I guess I haven't really cried yet.


So yah, bought an optical mouse from Sim Lim; didn't see even a single mouse that affirmed compatibility with Linux. Bought a cheap black $12 one, which should work nonetheless. At Bugis Junction, bought Tori's new "The Beekeeper" CD, which I haven't heard yet, but it's loaded in my CD player already.


Other CDs I bought: Tori's recent compilation, "Tales of a Librarian", Third Eye Blind's old CD (with Semi Charmed Life in it), Princessa (because it was really cheap, only $10), and Linkin' Park (the CD with Breaking the Habit), which was also $10 because it's "imported from China".


And so it was quite a spree. Maybe I'll cut my hair later tonight. Oh, and Monday going to do another presentation on my project, this time not in MINDEF but at CMPB there. I guess the time is nearing for me to package up the program and ready it for distribution to the various units in the SAF, then will have to organize courses to teach them how to use the program...


Oh, and at Sim Lim, there was this shop which is selling this pretty cool system for inkjet printers. You basically have an ink tank outside the printer which feeds to the print head, then you just fill up the tanks with ink (which can even be done as a document is printing) instead of buying a ton of cartridges and replacing them every so often.

2 comments:

AcidFlask said...

Death is not something one gets over, it is an experience one learns to live with.

Zhiming Darren TAN said...

death and taxes. i need to fill out a tax form soon to get back the money they took from me...